Pack up the car and enjoy twenty-four of the most memorable drives in the Treasure State. Offering over 2,250 miles of riding pleasure, this indispensable highway companion maps out unforgettable trips for exploring the region’s scenic byways and back roads.
Discover classic trails and beautiful areas of the state that many visitors miss, from Glacier National Park’s magnificent Going-to-the-Sun Road in the northwest to the rugged rangelands and red-tinted badlands of eastern Montana. Along the way you’ll discover ghost towns, glaciers, hot springs, and great hiking and wildlife-viewing opportunities—a mere taste of what the Big Sky Country has to offer.
- Inside you’ll find
- Itineraries ranging from 49 to 175 miles in length
- Route maps for each drive
- In-depth descriptions of attractions along the way
- Optional side trips to museums, parks, and landmarks
- Tips on lodging, camping, dining, travel services, and best driving seasons