Lace up your boots and sample fifty-nine of the finest trails in southern Utah’s Grand Staircase–Escalante National Monument and the stunning 1.2-million-acre Glen Canyon National Recreation Area. With thorough descriptions and detailed maps, Hiking Grand Staircase/Escalante and Glen Canyon Region leads you to both well-known and little-used trails, and it includes several backpack trips and a wide variety of day hikes. Whether traveling down remote desert roads or up serene canyons, you will be rewarded with vivid memories and a yearning to return.
For more than thirty years, FalconGuides® have set the standard for outdoor guidebooks. Written by top experts, each guide invites you to experience the adventure and beauty of the outdoors.
- • Hikes suited to every ability
- • Directions to the trailheads
- • Trail Finder for best hikes for novices and families, moderate day hikes, strenuous day hikes, and backpacking trips for all levels
- • Comprehensive trail descriptions with mile-by-mile directional cues
- • Difficulty ratings, average hiking times, best hiking seasons, and canine compatibility for every featured hike
- • Information on fees and permits, contacts, campgrounds, and more