Hikers affectionately refer to this hiking guidebook as “the Bible.” When it was published in 1971, it was the first book with accurate distances and detailed descriptions to the hiking trails of the Canadian Rockies.
The guide covers more than 3,400 km (2100 miles) of hiking trails in Banff, Jasper, Yoho, Kootenay and Waterton Lakes National Parks, plus the provincial parks of Mt. Assiniboine, Mt. Robson, Akamina-Kishinena, Peter Lougheed, and Elk Lakes.
This edition includes:
- Descriptions of 229 Canadian Rockies hikes and routes plus dozens of side trips
- More than 150 photographs
- 40 maps
- Trail logs measured by “trail wheel”
- GPS co-ordinates for all trailheads
- Sources for information, maps, backcountry lodging, and transportation